gdpr blog – insights
Our GDPR blog contains actionable insights from our data and privacy experts for your business to prepare and live with the European Union General Data Protection Regulation.
The articles and webinars discuss the General Data Protection Regulation, it’s goals and principles including:
- The main goal of the GDPR is the protection of EU resident’ personal data
- Consent is paramount, consumers need to feel comfortable sharing their data, and need to provide explicit consent in most cases
- The GDPR applies to any company that processes EU resident’ personal data – wherever they may be based
- The GDPR has introduced hefty penalties, companies that fail to meet their GDPR obligations can face fines of up to 4% of annual global turnover, or EUR 20 million, whichever is greater.
- Transparency and choice and how they are key to the regulation
- To meet your obligations – how to conduct analysis of your policies and procedures
- Specific obligations of data controllers and processors
- We explain why it’s important to map out your current data workflow mapping the collection, processing and storrage of EU resident data in your organisation
- Implementing security measures including encryption of data both in-transit and at-rest
- Also, cloud users and cloud service providers share responsibility under the GDPR, the data controller (your business) is ultimately responsible for customer data in the cloud
Visit our Services page to learn about our GDPR Compliance Packages.