GDPR Encryption – numerous breaches of personal data are reported each year, be it, data that was lost, stolen or due to unauthorised access. In many cases, the breaches could have been prevented with adequate protection of data – encryption software.
- Encryption protects data in rest and in transmission
- The data is protected whether it is stored on mobile or static devices
- Encryption forms a strong line of defense to safeguard against unauthorised or unlawful processing of data
- Our experts can help with your overall GDPR and data security strategy, implementing encryption and other security measures
The GDPR requires that appropriate technical and security measures are implemented to securely process personally identifiable information and sensitive data. Businesses share large volumes of such data, normally via insecure standard emails. FileOM’s encrypted file transfer solution allows users to securely share data between staff, clients, suppliers or any external party.
FileOM’s GDPR encryption solution provides enhanced control and tracking, when compared to tools such as Dropbox, and provides superior security over data transferred using standard email. Our cloud-based service is hosted within the EEA region, the Microsoft Outlook plugin allows staff to continue working seamlessly, resulting in minimal disruption.
Common file types containing personal data
- Send and receive files – securely using the latest encryption technology
- File encrypted – in transit and at rest
- Automatically expire files – after a period, for added security
- Multi-level password protection – options, including no password
Sharing files securely
- Easily share files – simply drag and drop the files you want to share
- Outlook plugin – or work within the web application
- Retract files – if sent to the wrong person
- Fully GDPR compliant – audit tracking and reporting
GDPR Encryption – secure file transfer
GDPR Encryption – empower your users to securely share personally or commercially sensitive data between internal teams, external clients, suppliers or third parties. FileOM’s encryption solution meets GDPR accountability requirements and provides enhanced control as compared to tools such as Dropbox, securely send files over with our email plugin.
- Send up to 2 GB file size
- No bandwidth charges
- Reminders and notifications
- Mobile app
- Outlook plugin
- No file size limit
- No bandwidth charges
- 24/7 phone and email support
- A dedicated account manager
- Outlook plugin
- Unlimited storage
- SFTP licenses
- Premium care support
Free 14-day trial provides 5 user licences (SFTP included) and 5 GB of storage. To start the free trial, click here.
Why you need GDPR Encryption
The EU GDPR legislation requires all organisations that EU resident’ personal data to implement appropriate technical and organisational measures. Ensuring a level of security appropriate to the risk, including “encryption of personal data”. This applies to both personal data at rest (i.e. stored on a computer/cloud drive/USB stick) and data in transit (i.e., sent within the body of an email or as an email attachment).
Personally Identifiable Information (PII) may be shared insecurely by customers, examples of this data include:
- spreadsheets containing names and addresses
- workplace data sent to suppliers including tax information and employee numbers
- Files including date of birth, email addresses, phone numbers
Most business users share such files as an email attachment, or perhaps a file sharing service like Dropbox or WeTransfer, however, they lack the control that the GDPR requires over sent files. FileOM believes the transfer of such files is a blind spot’ for many businesses.
Our GDPR Encryption solution offers a service with GDPR principles in mind:
- A cloud-based service hosted entirely in the EEA region
- Preserve your data retention policies by automatically deleting specified folders and file share links after a period
- Control user access to data through granular permissions to access files and folders
- Quickly respond to any breach enquires by viewing logged transactions.
An easy, quick and cost-effective way of sending files securely, in accordance with data protection guidelines. GDPR Encryption from FileOM enables organisations of all sizes to embed GDPR compliant file sharing into their daily operations with minimal disruption.
Visit the ICO page for additional information.